Public and Regulatory Affairs Officer
EPEX SPOT is looking for a Public and Regulatory Affairs Officer
Fluent in English, Nordic and/or /other EU languages
The European Power Exchange EPEX SPOT organizes and operates physical short-term electricity markets in 13 countries: in Central Western Europe, the United Kingdom, in Switzerland, the Nordics and Poland. EPEX SPOT plays a pivotal role by ensuring that the pricing of electricity on the wholesale market remains accurate by offering its members the right market place for power trading. Our strength is our staff, consisting of ambitious team players who all want to shape the future of the European power market. Striving for the wellfunctioning Internal Energy Market and the energy transition, EPEX SPOT shares its expertise with partners across the European continent and beyond.
Joining EPEX means to work for a dynamic company which operates in a constantly moving landscape, where regulation, power generation and consumption fundamentals as well as financial technology keep evolving. We offer you the opportunity to be part of this endeavour. Do you want to change the world of power? Join us! As European Company (Societas Europaea) in corporate structure and staff, EPEX SPOT has a European DNA which impacts our mindset, our markets and our Mission. We drive innovation across European power markets. EPEX SPOT is based in Paris, Amsterdam, Brussels, Bern, Berlin, London and Vienna. 302 companies have traded 615 TWh of electricity on EPEX in 2020. EPEX SPOT is member of EEX Group, part of Deutsche Börse. European electricity transmission system operators hold 49% of EPEX SPOT through HGRT.
For more information, please visit www.epexspot.com.
MISSION AND CONTENT OF THE JOB
EPEX SPOT is looking for a Public and Regulatory Affairs Officer to join the team in Amsterdam, Berlin or Paris.
You will be part of the Public & Regulatory Affairs and Communications Department, supporting mainly political and regulatory activities towards public stakeholders from Nordic and Baltic countries, as well as Belgium, Luxembourg and the Netherlands.
The mission of the Public & Regulatory Affairs team is the following:
- Monitor, assess, and react to policy and regulatory developments with a focus on electricity market design, renewables integration, national implementation of EU regulations, competition, cybersecurity
- Establish and nourish relations with public stakeholders from the energy sector
- Forge and defend the company’s positions and interests in various decision-making bodies
- Develop and convey policy positions in line with the company’s strategy. Respond to public consultations
- Enable further business growth by working hand-in-hand with our strategy, product design and marketing departments. Support the expansion of EPEX SPOT in new markets
- Present and represent the company in public. Reinforce the company’s reputation, highlighting our contribution to the energy transition
Your main tasks will consist in:
- Monitoring mainly Nordic and Baltic countries legislation, as well as Benelux regulation and policy related to energy
- Monitoring EU regulation on energy markets, analysing and following up their national implementation in Nordic and Baltic countries, as well as Benelux countries
- Helping to build and maintain relations with governmental, regulatory and Transmission System Operators (TSO) stakeholders in the Nordic and Baltic countries, as well as Benelux
- Supporting business development initiatives like System Operators’ services, local flexibility markets in close collaboration with our Strategy, Product Development, Marketing & Customer Solutions and Sales departments
- Drafting public documents, such as consultation responses or position papers ▪ Organizing, preparing and participating in public events and stakeholder meetings ▪ Supporting the team by contributing to internal reports, document updates, etc.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Track record in successful relationship building and political influencing, possibly in Nordic Baltic countries, as well as Benelux countries
- Interest in and knowledge of European and Nordics energy markets
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and sense of rigor
- Capacity to listen and to synthesize complex topics
- You are a team player
- You have very good interpersonal and communication skills
- You are able to work within a multi-cultural team
- You are proactive and eager to learn
- Fluent professional English in written and verbal communication (mandatory)
- Nordic and/or other EU languages would be a plus
- Master degree in Political Sciences, Economics, Law or International Relations
- Minimum 3 years’ relevant experience in the energy or political context
- A good knowledge of Nordic regulatory and institutional environment is a strong asset
- A past experience in tight collaboration with Nordic TSO and DSO structures, or with national regulator or energy ministry will ease your take full possession of your role
- Do not hesitate to apply even if the job description is not 100% in line with your background as we are open to different profiles!
- Amsterdam, Berlin or Paris – possibility to work remotely based on the company’s home office rules